Clockwork Satellite makes things with words, pictures and code
We design for print and the web, produce ebooks and provide technical support and training.
We work with individuals and organisations to produce high-quality print and online designs.
- Website for artist Emma Smith’s 5hz project at Arnolfini
- Publicity material for comedian Paul Duncan McGarrity’s 2013 and 2014 Edinburgh Festival Fringe shows
- Website, email marketing and in-gallery touch-screen kiosk for leading contemporary art gallery, Spacex
- Website and printed programme for London 2012 Festival showstopper, Carnesky’s Tarot Drome
Working with self-publishing authors and small publishing houses, Clockwork Satellite creates high-quality ebooks compatible with all major e-reader devices and apps:
- Ebook (EPUB and Kindle/MOBI) for e-reader devices and apps
Ebook formats are flexible, reflowable text formats designed for e-reader devices and apps. Users can tailor the style and size of the text to their own taste, the words reflow accordingly.
- PDF for home printing or print-on-demand
PDF (Portable Document Format) is a fixed-layout format. The text size and style cannot be changed by the user. With tighter control over the layout and typography, PDF is the best format to print from.
With a keen eye for typography and formatting, all our ebook files are thoroughly tested on a number of devices and apps, and validated using the ePubCheck service. PDF files are optimised for home printing or print-on-demand as required.
Basic ebook production from a simple manuscript starts at £175, with no ongoing restrictions or royalties due.
Free sample files
Download a free copy of The Middle Passage, a novella by award-winning British children’s author, Julia Golding. This story is available in each of our supported formats: Kindle/MOBI, EPUB and PDF (optimised for home printing):
The Middle Passage is a bonus instalment in Julia Golding’s series of Cat Royal stories. For more information, visit juliagolding.co.uk.
In addition to ebook production, we can also help with:
- Cover design
- Short-run printing
- Sales and distribution support
- Websites and online marketing
We provide specialist technical support and training for computer systems and software used in the creative industries.
With over ten years’ experience supporting computer systems in creative environments, Clockwork Satellite can provide knowledgeable and affordable technical services to individuals, small studios and design teams within larger organisations.
- Remote and on-site technical support for Apple computers
- Integration of Apple computers into larger company IT networks
- Support and training for users of Adobe Creative Suite software
- Google Apps migration and support
- Colour management: hardware and software calibration
- Digital publishing: device testing; XML processing
Bespoke training packages can be created for those looking to learn more about systems, software and technique.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
- Apple Certified Associate: Mac Integration
- Apple Certified Support Professional
- Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
- Apple Certified Pro: Color Management
- PRINCE2 Practitioner